On Saturday, August 9, M chose to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This is a huge step and we are proud of her choice. We are thankful to all the family and friends that could join us in supporting her. It was a beautiful day and, except for forgetting the paperwork from our CO bishop (luckily it was a 5 minute drive to J's brother's house instead of an 8 hour drive to CO), we wouldn't have changed anything about the day.
It is times like these that really show us what is important; these seemingly little moments in time that stand out and act as guiding lights through our lives. I know as I think about my own baptism and why I made that one choice, it helps me to stay the course. My hope is that M will remember this day and the promises she made and that it will be the foundation on which she builds her life, as well.
Our special family friends presented a beautiful musical number during the baptism program. I wish I had it recorded, but since I don't have an audio version of it, I want to share at least the words with you. This is a song she wrote for their daughter's baptism. We are very honored they would share it with us.
Remember the Promise
Today as you enter the water in white,
you'll make Him a promise that you'll do what is right.
You'll enter a covenant to walk in His way.
Remember the promise made today.
Remember the Savior was baptized like you.
A perfect example as you learn what to do.
Remember the feeling as your sins are washed away.
Remember the promise made today.
Keep yourself pure as the white that you wear.
Ask for His guidance as you seek Him in prayer.
Keep the commandments and strive to obey.
Remember the promise made today.
Remember the covenant. Remember the love.
Remember your Father in Heaven above.
Remember to listen as the Spirit guides the way.
Remember the promise made today.
-Kerrie Neu 2005
There's 3 other things I would have changed:
ReplyDelete- getting the cold cut and cheese trays ready before the baptism.
- not shattering the platter.
- getting pictures in our whites.
Oh! I'm so sorry we missed it! Life has been crazy and that is no excuse! We would have loved to see you and your beautiful family! Congratulations M!
ReplyDelete