I had a lazy summer: went to one amusement park, visited the swimming pool a couple of times, had a couple of family members to visit, hosted a few friend BBQs, watered my garden, and read a LOT of books. You'd think I'd be aching to get started on school and projects again. But nope, not this year. One 10 day trip at the end of the summer has totally thrown me for a loop and now I'm so far behind, I don't know if I'll ever catch up. I'm feeling so far behind, I think I'm ahead of myself!
I used to be so motivated. Last summer, I had nearly every day planned with activities: we went to the beach every week, we went to the library every week, we visited museums, and even picked blueberries at a local farm when I was 9 months pregnant! I just can't figure out what is wrong with me this year. Maybe it's the change of scenery, but I just can't force myself to do anything more than I absolutely have to. I can't even make myself update this blog with all the fun things we did in Utah. Even tonight, I sat down here to post pictures, but I find myself physically and mentally unable to do it. I'm wondering if this is a mild post-partum but my baby is over a year old, so you'd think I'd be over that by now. I truly want to be as active and busy as I used to be, but I just can't seem to get the old engine going. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Ugh, don't get me started. I'm feeling that same lethargy right now after returning from our trip. But I find that if I pick a few things a day that I want to accomplish, it snowballs and gets me going. Let's see if I can make that happen today!
ReplyDeleteNo, you are absolutley not crazy! I think it is overload! After Youth Conference I am still in a slump. Plus, since last summer you have another kid thrown into the mix, that helps with the load too! I feel that way often! I keep on thinking, man I could take a nap right now. You're wonderful Libby! I love ya!
ReplyDeleteYou've described my current state exactly! I'm trying to get back into a more consistent daily routine, which usually helps me snap out of it. Cooler temperatures and fall weather seem to help too. Basic stuff like good sleep, nutrition and exercise make a huge difference to me when I am feeling this kind of blah.
ReplyDeleteHello Glancys! I'm so glad I get to keep up with you guys.
ReplyDeleteLibby, it was great to talk to you today. Thanks for leaving a comment, I can never remember your blog name, so now I know it and can keep up with it. As to this post, I totally know the feeling. You posted this a while ago, so you're probably feeling better already, but just know that every SAHM goes through it, frequently. We're just plain tired, I think. A good night's sleep (which can be hard to come by) usually helps a lot. You're awesome, slump or no slump!
ReplyDelete