Prayers are answered. B started in with a fever today. Under normal circumstances, I'd wait 3-4 days before calling the doctor but I had heard about an anti-viral that helps reduce the sick time but it has to be taken within 48 hours. So as soon as she started acting abnormal and slightly fevered, I made an appointment. They ran the test and, voila: we've got it. It's just a matter of time until the other 2 start in with it and luckily we still have 3 weeks until we leave for our trip so J and I should be done with it in time, as well.
It really couldn't have come at a more convenient time: M is on Fall Break, K doesn' t have preschool or music class this week. The only concern is that I have a PC party on Saturday, so now I'm praying that my symptoms don't start until next week.
From all accounts, it really isn't as bad as the media has made it out to be. So far, B had a 102 fever at the doctors but by the time we got home she had perked up and was running around squealing with her sisters. And that was without any Tylenol or Motrin. She's wasted now, laying on the couch watching a video, but I plan to give her something before bed so maybe we'll all even get to sleep tonight.
This is how we deal with the swine flu!
My brother-in-law sent this picture.
Wow Libby -- I'm glad that we are not anywhere near Castle Rock!! Hopefully you will all be done with it by the time you leave!
ReplyDeleteThat picture is too funny, poor piglet! Glad to hear that you guys are atleast surviving the epidemic (I say that super sarcastically)and hope everything clears up so you can vacation in happiness and health. hugs and kisses to all!
ReplyDelete