Thursday, November 6, 2008

L's Report Card

It is day 50 in the 100 day challenge. I need to do a little self-evaluation.
As of this morning, I've lost 9 lbs and about 9 inches off of various places on my body. I'm wearing clothes 1 size smaller than 50 days ago. I am officially (barely) smaller than when I got pregnant with K. I still don't have a lot of extra energy (I thought that would be one of the benefits of losing weight) but maybe the lack of energy is caused by lack of sleep. (I should just not stay up so late reading Mistborn books.)
I can run up the stairs carrying a 22 lb baby without having to catch my breath at the top. That's something, right?

The report card:
Sticking to allotted calories: B
Keeping appropriate amounts of fat, protein, and carbs in the diet: C
Eating "healthy" foods: B
Exercising at least 3 times/week: A+ (I'm actually up to 5 times a week)
Doing intense enough exercises to cause a sweat: C-
Drinking at least 64 oz of water each day: A

Obviously, a lot of areas for improvement. I'm halfway through the 100 days, but only 1/4 of the weight is gone. I've already decided to restart the 100 days counter when the first one expires. Mini-goals:
High school weight by Christmas
Pre-first baby weight by St Patrick's Day
Haven't-seen-it-in-decades weight by Memorial Day (they say those last 10 lbs are the hardest so I'm giving myself extra time at the end).

This has been a good experience. I don't feel deprived and hungry all the time. If I really need to eat, I eat, even if it puts me over calories. I just make sure I log everything on MFP. It has been slower than I had hoped and that is frustrating, but my sisters are a GREAT support to me. It also seems like a lot of friends (both near and far) have caught the weight loss bug and it is very inspiring to see their success, as well.

3 comments:

  1. I really admire how you are setting goals and making them happen. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby,
    Good for you! I have been falling off the bandwagon periodically, but have not missed one day of exercise (other than Sundays) in over a month. I've stopped counting, it's just part of life now. And I have lost 8 pounds. I know I could have made more progress by now if I was really stirct, but I'm not good at being really strict when there are candy and desserts around! Reading your post made we want to do better. I'll try to remember that at the party we're going to tonight. . .

    ReplyDelete