Monday, March 15, 2010

Something in the air

I can feel it. Even though we still have sub-freezing nights and snow on the ground this morning, I can tell that it is on the way.
So, in anticipation...
We will have a smaller garden this year. Mostly because I'm just too tired right now to even think about expanding the SFG boxes. But also because I'm ready to give up on getting good broccoli, lettuce, and spinach with the Colorado summer. I think it stays too cold too long and then gets too hot too fast. Not to mention the multiple hail storms we have every summer.
So this year it is just peas, carrots, and radishes (already planted) and herbs, squash, zucchini, pumpkin, cucumber, and tomatoes (biding their time in the kitchen window).


We are going to also participate in the farmers co-op. For a flat fee, we get fresh produce (grown locally) every week PLUS extra to can. I'm assuming I'm going to be up to canning this summer. PLUS entrance to the farmer's fall festival complete with hay ride and pumpkin picking. I'm very psyched about this program.
Here's an extra picture of the girls enjoying the 50-ish weather this afternoon. Yes, I know B is wearing a purple shirt and red pants. She insisted on dressing herself this morning and, frankly, I'm too tired to care anymore.
Only 12 more weeks...

2 comments:

  1. I feel it too!!! I'm sitting here at my computer with the window OPEN, a tee-shirt on and BARE feet! Oh happy day!!! Wish I could say I have "things" growing on my window sill but I'm done doing vegetables and am waiting to plant my Sweet Peas and Dahlias in my flower garden when in thaws out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lib - Hang in there! Little girls can get away with lots of fashion options so the red and purple are just fine! XOXO

    ReplyDelete