We spent Christmas Eve with J's sister's family caroling and acting out the nativity. B donned her Santa outfit (it's a 12 month size so she was stretching it).
I won't bore you with all the pictures of opening gifts on Christmas morning, just suffice it to say there was much ripping of paper and exclamations of happiness over toys, Barbies, movies, and games. MY highlight, was seeing their faces when they saw this gift:
Erin, you inspired me with your post about college days. I realized my girls didn't have foot pillows, so I set out to make one for each member of the family. I didn't really have a pattern, so I kind of made it up. I'm not great at sewing so the toes are a little on the square side and the pinky toe bends in towards the other toes. But they are fluffy and cuddly and they were great pillows for our trip to Utah.
We spent the day after Christmas taking down the tree and decorations and packing for a trip to Utah for J's reunion. We spent a week in Utah playing with cousins, opening more presents, and eating, eating, eating.
The highlights: an afternoon at the Children's Museum. I really don't think this was the originally intended purpose of the ride on toys, but they had a blast and no one was seriously injured. (Sorry the picture is a bit blurry, she was going pretty fast.)

I can now say I've sung on stage in the Tabernacle (J's dad arranged to have our family picture taken in front of the pipes and while we were waiting, we sang "I am a child of God" to the 10 or 15 people in the audience). M enjoyed watching "Bolt" with her cousins. J had fun playing kick ball in the stake center cultural hall.
So, now that the holidays are over, we are facing the dark days of Winter. I always feel kind of sad for January. It starts out with all the glitter and excitement of the holidays, but there aren't really any interesting things that happen during the month. Just cold, wet, dark days. However, SOMEBODY has a birthday coming up this month, so maybe we can find something fun to do. :)
Looks like you had a great time! I'm so sorry that we couldn't get together. We'll make it happen sometime.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! That footie pillow pictures is darling.
ReplyDelete